ST JOSEPH’S COLLEGE LIFT AND ACCESS UPGRADE
This Project involved new construction work to Mary Street Lift and access upgrade required for Stages 1 & 2 works.
The Stage 1 works included:
• The demolition of existing retaining walls, concrete stairs, balustrade and concrete dish drains/stormwater pits.
• Bulk and detailed excavation required for footings and new lift pit.
• New electrical, hydraulic and fire services works required.
• A new lift shaft in blockwork and insitu walls with walling, cladding and linings to lift shaft. Internal cement render to lift shaft walls with aluminium window frame suite.
• New lift to be installed with minor external concrete paths, stairs, retaining walls and landscaping
The Stage 2 works included:
• The demolition, earthworks and excavation of existing concrete access walkway.
• New hydraulic and electrical services.
• New concrete paths, stairs, sandstone clad retaining walls and handrails.
The columns were completely removed so that all the pad footings could be fixed. The Columns were reinstated once the pad footings were completed.
Photos of the finished Project
SJC Mary Street Columns Removal