Adolescent and Young Adult Hospice (AYAH), NSW
PROJECT OVERVIEW: Fugen Constructions (“Fugen”) has completed construction on Australia’s first dedicated youth hospice for 15- to 24-year-old patients with life-limiting illness across New South Wales. The Adolescent and Young Adult Hospice, located at the former Manly Hospital site, will offer respite care, symptom management and end-of-life care for its patients, as well as dedicated and professional support for their families, including bereavement support and counselling.
The new, one-of-its-kind, two-storey facility includes:
- Eight bedrooms for patients, each with ensuite and balcony
- Two-family accommodation units with two bedrooms each
- Two carers’ lounges, on-site kitchen and dining room
- Breakout spaces including lounge room, games room, media room, multisensory room, quiet room and sitting rooms
- Telehealth consult spaces
- Laundry facilities for families staying overnight
- Garden and landscaped areas, including spaces for outdoor entertainment
Alongside the construction of the primary facility, Fugen also delivered the construction of a new substation kiosk, water main extension, soil remediation and embankment restoration.
With the facility surrounded by national parks and bushland, overlooking the North Harbour, it will provide a natural and peaceful setting for young people and their families.